Wednesday, January 18, 2012

my small but cheap walmart trip saved 75%

 

I decided to make a quick trip to Walmart to look for some items to help keep my coupon desk more organized and walked out with the above items for only $2.79.  That is a savings of 75%!!  i have to say it was a good trip until i went to the check out and was informed that two of the coupon i was going to use were expired and the cashier was snotty about it. I apologized and she looked at me like i was trying to scam them.  (this was for 2 more packages of razors.)  she then told me my total and i asked if she would please remove the 2 razors that i wasnt able to use the coupons for because i new that i had non expired coupons for them at home.  Get this,  she then rolled her eyes and said " i figured you were going to do that".  she then scans them to remove them and slams them on the counter!!  I know Walmart has a bad wrap for their coupon unkindness but I have learned which cashiers to avoid and never thought that she would be one of them.  Hopefully she was just having a bad day and wont be like this to others.  )=  Some things are just so much cheaper there and/or not offered at regular grocery stores.  But I guess not all cashiers can be as great as the cashiers at my local Publix!! (=

Here is what I got and how I did it:

4- Bic white out @ $1 ea - 4 MQ $1 = FREE
1- Schick 12ct razor @ $1.97 - 1 MQ $2 = FREE
2- U by Kotex liners @ $1.24 ea - 2 MQ $1 = $0.48
1- Cinnamon Toast crunch @ $2.84 - 1 MQ $0.40 = $2.34

Total - $2.79

No comments:

Post a Comment