Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Holiday Freezer Baking

I was so happy when Halloween was over because that meant I could start getting some of my baking doen for the holidays.  We all know that this time of year can be very hectic and I just didnt see myself trying to bake while also trying to get my house clean (and kept that way).  I also like to have extra "treats" for any unexpected guests that may drop by.  So today I started my baking.  Let s just hope I can keep my 3 kiddos out of it. (=

First I went with Peanut Butter Cup Brownies.

These are so good, that I am going to have to control myself from sneaking into the freezer to steal some.  The recipe makes 40 mini brownies.  It is also a really easy recipe to make. My husband, who isnt a big sweets eater tried these and LOVED them.






Then on to my easiest recipe.  Peanut Butter Fudge.

The recipe only calls for 2 ingredients.  1 Jar of peanut butter and 1 jar of frosting.  You can use chocolate or vanilla, I chose vanilla.  I thought that they were going to be too rich for me, but once they harden, they are perfect.  These can also be eaten right out of the freezer. (dont ask how I know this).


Last but not least, Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
sorry for the blurry picture!


These were a HUGE hit. They have a cake texture but a donut taste.  Needless to say only half of them made into the freezer.  The kids were eating them as soon as they cooled enough to pop them in their mouths.





I have to say all three of these recipes were really easy and my freezer is now full of Holiday goodies. At least until I find I find another recipe to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment