Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday Nights Menu - Chicken Pasta Casserole

Chicken Pasta Casserole

I have been trying to cook more meals lately but with 2 picky kiddos and 1 that will eat just about anything it is kind of hard to make one meal that the entire family will eat.  We also have very busy schedules with sports and gymnastics and everything else so any meal I make needs to be quick or one that I can make in the morning and just reheat at dinner time.  I am going to try to post our menu on the days that we aren't just grabbing whatever is left over or quick heat. We call those nights "fend for yourself" night.  The kiddos actually like those nights because that is when they get tuna fish on crackers or spaghettios. (=

Tonight we are having a chicken pasta casserole, a recipe that I got from my younger sister several years ago when I was out in Texas visiting.  It is really simple and only takes a few minutes to prepare.  My husband and kids love this meal.

Ingredients:

1-2 chicken breast (diced)
2 tbsp butter
1 box penne pasta (or whatever kind you prefer)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 pkg shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375

Place 2 tbsp of butter in skillet on medium heat and add chicken. cook until not pink.  (season if desired, i usually use a roasted garlic seasoning)
Boil noodles according to package, drain and rinse.
In a large casserole dish add noodles, chicken and spaghetti sauce and mix.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake in oven 20 - 25 minutes.
I usually serve this with garlic bread or rolls and butter.

See really simple and quick. You can even prepare it all early and bake it later when you are ready to eat.  This can also be frozen in an aluminum pan (before baking) tightly wrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment