Sunday, November 6, 2011

My first "freezer cooking" weekend

I have been doing some reading on "freezer cooking" in order to help with hectic schedules and decided to give it a try.  With 3 kiddos that are in different sports and activities, I have been finding it harder and harder to find time to cook meals and have family dinners.  I decided to start off by spreading out my ideas of what to freeze into 3 afternoon/evenings. (unlike the "pro's" who get a week or more worth of meals done in 1 day.)

On day one I decided to start off simple and bought 4 packages of Martha White muffin mixes and cooked them all up with the "help" of my 7 year old daughter.  We decided to make these into mini muffins and I got about 75 mini's out of 4 pkgs.  I then made 3 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch.  I now have breakfast and snacks for their lunches for the next week. I then decided to make 2 family size Garlic & Herb chicken pasta meals.

                                                                                                           


Day two I made 2 meat loafs (not cooked, just prepped) and 16 breakfast burritos. For day three I made 15 "uncrustable" sandwiches and filled 15 water bottles with lemonade and tea for the kiddos lunches.  Now hopefully my mornings will be a little less hectic since i will only have to pack lunches instead of making them.  


My plan was to also make 2 French bread loaves but this was just a crazy, hectic weekend and I ran out of time and energy, but I hope to get a little more done this week while the kids are in school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment